My ex called tonight

Why? Why did I ever email him? Now he wants his stuff back? I feel like I could vomit. I'm so angry at him...why did he have to call?

I was at my cousin's 13th bday party. I checked my phone and saw I had a missed call. It was his house # (i deleted him from my life, lol, which includes his name in my phone)...my throat dropped into my stomach. I felt so nauseous. I was with my two older cousins, they said maybe it was his parents calling me and to go ahead and call.

So I did and it was him that called. It was like a "normal" conversation but i was really nervous and uncomfortable. He said he called because of my email (i posted the whole short convo in another thread) I told him i didn't want to talk to him, that i just missed him at that time because i had a bad day that day and then dreamt about him. We talked, and he subtly made a mean joke about the "incident" (the reason he flipped out on me back in dec and we stopped talking, again posted in another thread) and I told him:

'you know that you took that way too far out of context and that I didn't mean any of it in the way you took it' and 'you know me better than that, but I am sorry about it all'

and he just kind did his mumbly-thing where he knows i'm right but doesn't want to admit it or believe it because he thinks he's always right.

It was just a weird conversation with him saying that he wants his stuff back, where i played dumb and asked "what stuff?" just to see what he thought i had of his. He said his DVD's (which i do have and figured that was what he meant) and I told him to just call me or email me whenever he wants to get them and then we hung up.

He sounded like he had been drinking, but I can't be positive.

Any advice to make me feel better about this situation??

Thanks. The thing is, i loved him - i still do love him. Not the majorly depressed person he turned into over the past 6 months, but who he really is beneath his disease. I truly believe he was/is bipolar but refused help. I tried to help him because I just don't believe in abandoning someone you love when they need help. I'm all he ever had and he purposely tried to hurt me and push me away all the time, but i stuck by him to try to push him into counseling and to stick to his medications. I don't know what this is the beginning of...but it makes me nervous, because I'm afraid of getting sucked back into everything...also, I'm afraid of what people I know will say if him and I would start speaking again. He was however, my best friend who i confided everything in and really influenced me for the better. We knew eachother for a long time before we ever started dating and underneath his depression is an amazing person that I really miss and haven't seen in about 6-9 months...

I agree, you did a good job with the situation. Handled it very well! In terms of everything else, just keep doing what you've been doing, living your own life. It's hard to watch someone we love being depressed, but you really really can't do anything until the person is ready for help...and when he's ready for help he will get it.

Sounds like you're doing really well!