Cold that wont go away

Whenever I get a cold (aka. runny nose) it just wont go away.

Background: I would consider myself fairly healthy. I eat well, excersise a lot and drink a lot of water. However, I sometimes dont get enough sleep, and apparently Im low on iron.

But for the last year, whenever I get a cold, it will just linger for weeks. Im in day 9 of my current one - and every day its the same. Runny nose. No coughing, sneezing or anything. Just a constant runny nose.

Does anyone know why this happens? And why it never clears up?

With this warm winters we are having - the colds tend to be worse and hang around a lot longer!!

Do as suggested - LOTS of vit C (you can by these ones now that 'pop' with a juice inside...you can take up to 4 a day to get rid of a cold or stop you from getting one).....

And lots of sleep - listen to your body. IT needs rest and time to recoperate!!

It is likely you do have an allergy and there are 1001 things that could be triggering it. Some years I have really bad hay fever and others it doesn't bother me. Once I lived on a really busy freeway/motorway with lots of traffic zooming past 24/7 and I had a blocked ear! I know it was this because everytime I left the area, it went within a few days! When I returned, within a day or so, it was back!

I agree with the other posts. Up your Vit C and try to lay off alcohol as this depletes your Vit C.

As for allergies - i tried taking some anti-histemenes but that did absolutely nothing

I take a multi-vitamin and sometimes too many vitamin C (they taste too good...) every day, so that wouldnt be it...

maybe the alcohol then ... its been a big week to say the least (school finished)

Ill give the no alcohol and more sleep a shot for the next week, see how it goes.

Cheers

It could be allergies or it could be a sinus infection. I had a sinus infection for a year once. That year sucked. You might want to see a doctor to see why you are having this. I went and found out my sinus infection was caused by allergies thus ending the sinus infection. The over the counter drugs couldn't stop the infection, I had to get allergy shots. Hope this helps and have a lovely day.