Well thats what I'm doing.

If you've been following, I broke down last Friday after a few drinks and texted her back. She then started with the small talk and asking about my week. It made me mad cuz I didn't feel like talking about my damned week with her. I told her that.

The next morning I got a long email basically making excuses for what she is going through again. She then concluded with something along the lines of, "I don't think people who love each other should cut themselves off and pretend like they don't care. I don't want to not have contact with you but if that is something you need, I will go away."

Guess what, I emailed her back saying pretty much, that IS the only thing I need right now.

I've been seeing a new girl and having GREAT fun with her. Exciting stuff.

My thinking of the ex has decreased by about 75 % and I love it.

I'm sure she'll be getting in contact w/in the week but i really don't care.

Things do get better...I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but brighter days are ahead.

Hope everyone is doing ok out there.

~G

I've been seeing a new girl and having GREAT fun with her. Exciting stuff.

My thinking of the ex has decreased by about 75 % and I love it.

I'd be careful with this my man. You obviously are not over your ex, and honestly I'd say you have a ways to go with that.

This new girl sounds to be a distraction for you relative to thinking about your ex. You're still heart broken I think which makes it so much easier to get attached to someone else even if not your ex.

If this thing with this new girl goes south in some way, it will magnify your feelings for your ex 1000 times...

Just be careful man, I speak from experience...