Goin to aussie!

Melbourne and Sydney aren't the best places to go for a working holiday, they're crowded and not so different from the places you're probably trying to get away from =P

What job you looking at? The Mines in the Northern Territory require little to no training, and you get paid so much that you could work for four months, and spend the eight partying.

Australia is a great place to come for a working holiday.

I reccomend going to Cairns though, and not Sydney...

You'll have a ball with all the backpackers.

ahh wicked thanks im jus looking into it all now! i was gunna opt for sydney but now i aint! thanks im gunna look into cairns!! really do wanna go!! So many people i know are goin theyre some forever!! Really am lookin into thanks again x

Melbourne and Sydney aren't the best places to go for a working holiday, they're crowded and not so different from the places you're probably trying to get away from =P

What job you looking at? The Mines in the Northern Territory require little to no training, and you get paid so much that you could work for four months, and spend the eight partying.

Im not sure what job gunna have to look up on it! What does the mines invlove??? lol 8 months of partyin does sound amazin haha!!

But i went into a travel angents the other day and they said to get a workin visa have to fruit pick for 3 months?? im gunna look into it thanks for ur help x

I agree with sumguy also, don't go to sydney or melbourne for a working holiday... it will cost you a lot more, and I reckon you'll have a lot more up in the far north tropics.

I would also consider maybe Perth as well... but Cairns would be my number one preference.

It's cheap, you'll have loads of fun, definitely something to do when you are young.

EDIT: I just remembered the fruit picking thing as well to get a working visa, duh!

Hope you have a great time. I don't see what everyone has against Sydney I guess it is like any other city though. Lately, mining seems like a great way to get money, I was going to make a joke involving the trapped miners being sellouts, but probably not a good idea incase it offends anyone.

Don't come to Perth, boring as hell. Go to Queensland, at least then you can take long weekends to the bigger cities.

Most casuals employed at the mines either operate light machinery, or drive trucks. You're trained on the spot, the only problem is they've stopped supplying fly-outs, so your off-week (you spend two weeks working 12 hour days, one week time to yourself) would have to spent in the nearby towns - all of which are very small out there, A single pub and the shanty town that springs up around it would define it pretty good =P

I'd forgotten about Fruit Picking, I know the farmers in Central NSW are constantly looking for - and paying well for - short time farm hands.

When I was 19, my boyfriend went there for a year on a student exchange and had a total blast. He went to school, but also had PLENTY of time to travel all around. I also went there for three months to visit, and travelled all around for those three months - it was an awesome time!

I totally recommend going down to visit Tasmania....and definitely hopping over the New Zealand for a while too!