I have to say that I'm not comfortable when I'm in a social

environment where there is nothing BUT women. The uncomfortable feeling comes from not knowing what to say. I don't want them to think I'm a creep, so I have to say SOMETHING and I have to talk constantly.

What conversation starters are good for guys who have stagefright (or if there's a better word to describe it) when they are admist a huge number of females?

I'll introduce myself, tell them what city I live in, what occupation I have, wheter or not I've taken this dance class before, mention other dance classes that I've participated in. But beyond that it's an Undiscovered Country.

Lord knows I don't want to be "that creepy guy."

Well these topics are very serious and factual and this isn't the kind of stuff that women are initially attracted to. You can talk about this stuff, but later on. From the start you want to tease/flirt with the girl. Watch some Austin Powers movies and try and joke around like he does with the sexual innuendo. Also go to these sites:

link removed

link removed

link removed

link removed

Thanks helo, but I'm not interested in seducing the ladies.

Not yet!

I want to present myself in a way that communicates "he's not a threat, he's not a creep" while at the same time NOT communicating "he's a nice guy but he's a chump".

Yes, I will read those links and I like So link removed but I believe that will happen once everyone becomes comfortable around each other.

If I were to start flirting with a girl, then she'll assume that's the main reason why I came to the social event..to FLIRT WITH GIRLS. I can do that at a bar or a dance club.

I'll introduce myself, tell them what city I live in, what occupation I have, wheter or not I've taken this dance class before, mention other dance classes that I've participated in. But beyond that it's an Undiscovered Country.

Unfortunately you are probably sending at least some of these women that creepy guy message if you are so serious all of the time. Your city, your occupation, etc ='s BORING!

Instead of telling them your occupation, make them guess! Tell them you are a brain scientist, or a rocket surgeon, see if they catch you. Tell them you do something outlandish and run with it as far as you can. If they ask what city you were born in tell them it was a small town in Bulgaria called "Bulgaria City" or something stupid. Make it FUN! Make them guess, make it a CHALLENGE! Being an open book and calmly explaining everything about you is BORING. Tease. Flirt. Make fun of them for being so gullible. Tell them you would never date someone so gullible and tell them that in a flirty fun manner.

It sounds to me like you're not having fun with it and neither are they. You will find things flow much easier when you are all having a fun conversation.

Thanks helo, but I'm not interested in seducing the ladies.

Not yet!

Helo, you might want to add a little disclaimer to that macro because a lot of people are dismissing those sites before actually understanding what it is and what they could learn from them.

sarsapolis, I suggest reading those sites and expanding your knowledge. If something comes accross as too "playerish" to you, discard it or adapt it to you to where it becomes your own. There is a lot of stuff you can learn even from guys who are players and are shady. As a good genuine guy you can still incorporate some of it to your repetoir while still being the gentleman. Don't write it all off before learning what you can. Refusing to learn or adapt is what causes people to linger in the same situation.

Helo, you might want to add a little disclaimer to that macro because a lot of people are dismissing those sites before actually understanding what it is and what they could learn from them.

I know! See this is called sticking up for what's right. I am by no means supporting "playing" girls. A lot of what these sites are about are actually changing your philosophy about dating, more so than the canned material. There is a lot of good solid information that has changed my life in those sites, and I still think I'm a good person to the core. Sure there's bad advice out there, but I read it and ignore it.