on the pill-but early period

HI I'm new to this so don't know if this has been answered before. I've been on Ortho-Tri Cyclen for about a year and my periods were normal, my doc recently switched me to Ortho-Tri cyclen LO, this is the first month I've been on the LO and my period is here a week ealry (still on active pills) is this normal? and should i continue to take the active then incative or should i just stop taking them and start a new pack on Sunday with the active pills. Any advice would be helpful

Hi,

I agree with blonde, get it checked out by your Doctor but a lot of people who switch onto a different pill often have either spotting or periods that arrive at different times.

Remember, you are putting a hormone into your body that basically tells your brain that you are pregnant, when you change to another brand..even if it has similar levels of oestrogen/progest. etc. it can still play with your body a little.

Also, if you are under lots of stress, taking up more exercise that sort of thing can affect your periods whether you are on the pill or not, so it could be an accumulative effect.

Most Doctors will give you a three month pack when you start a new pill and the reason for this is because it can take up to three months for your body to settle into a new pill. But phone up your Doctor or speak to a nurse at the clinic and they will be able to advise you properly.

Take care

This thing is totally normal when you start a new pill...all of the hormones go a bit funny at first and it takes them a little while to settle down. If its really concerning you give your doctor a call but I would just wait for it to settle down and see how it goes next month...Keep on taking your pill normally. This happened to me when I first started the pill. Look on the brochure in the pill packet it usually has helpful information on it or might even have a help line phone number you could call.