which one should i pick?

i have to make a decision by friday...

well i got invited to my friend's sweet 16 this coming sunday. its not the big kind of sweet 16, just a special bbq party with some of my other friends. she changed the date of her party on sunday for me coz i couldnt go to the date she originally told us. BUT then something came up this week. yesterday, i found out one of my closest friends is going to another country for a month. he's leaving on sunday, which is the same date as my other friend's party. my leaving friend is really important to me, and I want to be there when he leaves to say goodbye. but then i feel bad if i dont go to the party coz she changed the date for me, and she was really looking forward to seeing me there. what should i do? ](*,)

You only found out yesterday that he's leaving in 1 week for a month.. yet he's one of your closest friends?

I think you should definitely go to your friend's party.. I mean, she moved the date just for you and everything. The guy who's leaving didn't even bother to tell you earlier about his leaving, right?

Anyway, I'm not sure why it would take all of Sunday to say goodbye? Couldn't you even do both? Like maybe say goodbye to him before the party, or have him drop by or something.. Goodbyes usually last about 5 minutes, plus he'll be back in a month..

i knew my friend was leaving since two months ago but i wasnt aware of the exact date, and when i meant saying bye, i meant going to the airport with him. the party starts at 4 pm until 10 pm and my friend is leaving at 6 pm. and i wanted to hang out with him for the last time the whole sunday.. and the thought of him leaving on that day doesn't put me in the "having a good time" mood. So i dont think i can have fun at the party anyway.

i knew my friend was leaving since two months ago but i wasnt aware of the exact date, and when i meant saying bye, i meant going to the airport with him. the party starts at 4 pm until 10 pm and my friend is leaving at 6 pm. and i wanted to hang out with him for the last time the whole sunday.. and the thought of him leaving on that day doesn't put me in the "having a good time" mood. So i dont think i can have fun at the party anyway.

Oh, I see. Maybe you could hang out with him all day Saturday? Seriously though, you should be happy that he's not actually moving.. it really sucks when that happens.. at least he's coming back

Btw, is your username from the song by Acceptance? Because I love that song.

Oh, I see. Maybe you could hang out with him all day Saturday? Seriously though, you should be happy that he's not actually moving.. it really sucks when that happens.. at least he's coming back

Btw, is your username from the song by Acceptance? Because I love that song.

yeh it is a song by acceptance, so contagious =]

and thanks guys, i think I'll just go to her party at 3 pm and leave before 6 pm, and just go to her next morning party [which is going around the city the whole day]. I guess she'll understand..i hope she will..

today is the day i have to choose..and i've chosen to go to my friend's party.. but now i feel COMPLETELY terrible, becuase I can never say bye to him in person anymore... i'm about to leave in 30 minutes and he's still not home from his concert.. I dont know what to do anymore.. I feel like sh*t.

i dont know how i can have fun at the party now...