How to prevent the itching (down *there*)?

I took a leap of faith and trimmed my area down *there* the other day, which I rarely do. But not long after, it started to really itch. 3 days later, there's still an itch, but not as much.

For future reference, is there a way that I can prevent the itching from starting altogether, or is it genetically just going to happen regardless?

****Shave with the grain, NOT against!

-Mistake I used to make and it hurt/itched pretty bad. But it doesn't itch for everyone if they shave against the grain. For me it SURE did. Always shave with the grain even though the results might not be as good. THen the itch should go away.

Forgive my unhipness, but this trend of coiffing your crotch is fairly recent, isn't it?

I haven't trimmed anything down there in a half-century, but I can still get my pants on.

It's a fairly recent "trend", but so is being open and talking freely about sex, doesn't mean it's a bad thing

I used to use my Mach III Turbo for the lower regions but I found that gave me too much razor burn, the new gilette fusions work amazingly and give my zero razor burn, they're a worthwhile investment. If I get lazy or don't shave for a while (IE, I had surgery on my groin at the end of may so I couldn't shave around the cut so I havn't shaved in about a month I use the sideburn trimmer on my electric razor. For the actual shaving I like to have a shower first to get it softer and cleaner, then I mix sensitive skin shaving cream about 50/50 with aloe vera, rub it in and LET IT SIT FOR A WHILE. If you don't let the shaving cream/lotion sit on there for a while it's a much rougher shave.