yeah, another question about does he

I met this guy about a year ago and just kind of saw him in passing between our mutual friends, so anyway a couple of weeks ago we are both hanging out with some friends and we were talking, well after we talked one of my friends comes over to me and tells me that this guy is into to me, but I tell her no way we were just talking. She said yeah because he is always around me and he talks real softly as well. I started to notice a litte bit more on how he is around other girls and I do see some slight differences in the way he talks to me. So I decided to check out the waters and called him over to where I was and I pointed something out and he leaned shoulder to shoulder with me, I didn't move my arm nor did he. Now there was no reason for him to be this close to me, as what we were looking at was very plain to see for both of our view points. From what I have heard this is a way for girls to see if the guy is into you, do guys do this as well? I had left the room where we were talking and he came outside to where I was and he got right in front of me and put his hands on his hips and asked what I was up to and had a small grin on his face, and then he started talking a littel bit louder to our mutual friend. Are these good signs? I have the feeling he likes me as well, but I don't get to see him so much because of schedules and stuff.

Yeah, I like him. I am trying to give him hints that I am into him but there are times, when we do see each other that he seems kind of distant. However, everytime he does see me he always has to say something, a funny comment or he will mock me or just say something off the wall. I guess he is shy and is trying to figure out a way to break the ice. However he doesn't come off as being shy around the other people we hang with.