Someone made me feel like an IDIOT TODAY

Why not just smile and play up to it? It doesn't hurt lol!

Why should you feel like an idiot? She was the one who said it!

I don't think it is right to stand up to people who make you feel stupid... if other people do not appreciate it then eventually someone will let them know, let that be your peace of mind

She treated me like an idiot. Its not really the comments..
Hhmmm, I don't really understand....what does it matter if she "treated you like an idiot"? Why should it matter to you?

Maybe you felt self-conscious?

She didn't insult you. She wasn't rude. She was just expressing things how she felt fit (I would NOT do that myself - it would just be annoying) and they happen to be a little annoying.

It matters to me because I dont like being disrespected. She hasn't seen me in two years. When I saw her she did not say hello, just starred me down and made a snotty face. Then she proceeded to mock me by grabbing my hat and pulling it back on my head and taking digs at me.

My mother also told me that she made a comment to her that "you couldnt afford my clothes"

This is coming from a waitress in the bronx with no education.

My mother also told me that she made a comment to her that "you couldnt afford my clothes"

This is coming from a waitress in the bronx with no education.

I don't understand why you couldn't of just shaken that off because she's an uneducated full of **** *****. It's just best to ignore these people and let them find out later in life what jerks they've been to people over the years.

I think you did the right thing by walking out.

She's rude, immature, and ignorant. She's also just trying to upset you and get you into a fight - something she's probably good at.

Next time take her hand off your hat and tell her "Please don't touch me like that, it makes me uncomfortable." and walk away. So long as you act mature, polite (as best you can) and keep your cool, everyone will see you are the real adult.