my ex came to see me

This week my ex came to see me. She knew where to find me, one of my hang outs. She knew I'd be there. (she has done this before, so I know she was there to see me) We talked for a few minutes, and then she left. (makes it even more obvious she was there just to see me)

I was a little weirded out, but I managed to talk a little. I kept it light. I asked her about her family and so forth. Neither one of us mentionned anything about us, our feelings, etc. Just very casual. Her body language was 'nervous', but I noticed she would come close to me, then pull back, then come close again. I stood still. I didn't respond to her body language. I kept my feelings in check. (geez...I sound like a guy trying to play it cool, ha ha ha) I was in public afterall, and I wasn't about to let myself get caught up in what was or wasn't happening.

I don't know what she wants. Maybe this was a one time thing. Maybe she was having a * * * *ty day and just needed to see a familiar face. Maybe she was 'testing' to see if I would talk to her. I don't know. I have no frigging clue really. I was okay afterwards. Seeing the 'push/pull' behaviour in her body language makes me think nothing has changed really. It seems she is still not really comfortable with herself and her feelings for me. I don't know...maybe it was just nerves...but I don't think so.

Any opinions on this?

My opinion is that it does not matter anymore. It was a set back to you - and she achieved something - to keep her on your mind.

Don't let it hold you back from progress.

And maybe find somewhere different to hang out if she knows where to find you.

You did the right thing by keeping it light, and holding your body language in your control. Well done for that.

Now, when are we going to meet?

I agree with DB.

She clearly was only doing this to get a rise out of you, despite what her intentions were.

My advice, live your life as if she never did this at all, and if she actually does want something, she has to be the one to make an effort, meaning more than a random 'run-in'. If she wants something again, she has to make it more obvious than that.