I missed my period. Very worried.

Hi, I'm sure this topic has been asked many times, but I'm just too freaked out right now to search for anything. I just feel alone. My boyfriend right now is what keeps me sane. My BF and I are sexually active and we did it 3 times this month. First, at the beginning of the month with a condom. Second, 2 weeks after my period (first 3 mins didnt use a condom until he insisted he should). Last day, no condom on the day I should have had my period already. He didn't "go" in me any of the times, with or without a condom. It's just a rule I have: He doesn't go in or near it ever. No questions. It has been 7 days since I should have had my period. I'm very worried. My friends tell me no one is consistant and they say they miss it all the time by 2 weeks to a month. But I didn't tell them since March of 2005 I have been consistant on the 14-15 of the month. Now it's the 22nd and I'm freaking out. I haven't changed my routine at all. Nothing special. Same thing day-after-day. No major events that would stress me. Nothing like that. Does this mean I'm pregnant? If I do take a preg. test, what is the best accurate brand and will it detect it 7 days after a missed period? or is that too early? HELP PLEASE.

Well, if you are 7 days late, take a pregnancy test. It will be accurate at this point - and it's the only way you are going to know, since we can't tell you for sure. 7 days after when it should start..well almost any test will be accurate at that point - First Reponse, EPT, Clearblue. You can also go into a local clinic/doctor and they can do the test for you if you would prefer.

The withdrawl method (ie not using a condom and pulling out before ejaculation) is NOT a good method at all...the effectiveness of it is only about 50-60% when used as the only method (meaning not even with rythym or the pill). Do NOT engage in sex without a condom or protection again, because even if he pulls out there IS a chance, alwayss. Even WITH birth control your effectiveness is 80-95/99% depending on what you are using...so you can see why without it the risk increases.

And it IS possible you are just late...it does happen sometimes even if you have been regular for years - stress, hormonal changes, growth/maturing all can affect your cycle suddenly.

Anyway, until you know and take a test, you won't know for sure...fingers crossed for you though