How many of you find it hard for yourself to talk to friends

Basically, coming up with something to talk about if you're with your friend on the phone or in person?

I find it pathetic that I had to actually think up some things and write down what I experienced, saw, or did this weekend. What happened actually, was when I called my friend, she was the one who became the speaker, and I was the listener.

No problem at all!

But that's not the same as my other friends/associates, because they want conversations to go back-and-forth. They talk about something, then I talk about something, and then its back to them again.

What percent do friends talk about themselves? Is it 85% of the time? How much do we talk about other things that aren't related to us? Is it wrong to talk about other things that we know about, instead of sharing things about ourselves? For example, I did absolutely nothing this weekend, and so there's nothing worth mentioning to friends. But I can easily talk about how terrible my football team is doing.

I think that alot of people have this problem. i know that i have experienced it several times. I think it depends on the person you are talking to. If they are interested in certain things and you want to have more interesting conversations with them then talk about those things, like sports or news or something. Or if your relationship with the is more personal, then you can still include that stuff, but also maybe more emotions a feelings. i dont know what kind of things you prefer to talk about, but those are just some suggestions.