My girlfriend of 3 years wants nothing to do with me.

Hi all,

I've recently broken up with my girlfiend of 3 years. We have known each other for about 5 years.

I should say she has broken up with me. The story goes like this:

I was going through a divorce when we met. The problem is I took a really long time to actually process the divorce papers. The past few months she was pressuring me to get the divorce completed. I took it as her getting involved with a part of my life I didn't want her to be apart of. Needless to say this caused a lot of problems between us. I left her to work things out on my own. I didn't realize but she thought I was leaving her forever.

Well I got my separation papers 3 weeks later to find out now she wants nothing to do with me. She has told me to move on with my life because she has. I couldn't understand why after so many years she would leave me now.

I really love her and want her back. But I dont know what to do. Aside from my wife she is the only other person I've been with. I'm 31 years old and dont know how to handle this situation.

I'm staying in Miami for the time being but she lives in NY. Should I return to NY incase I get another chance? What should I do?

I've been begging for another chance for over a month. I feel a sense of despair. I really love this girl. I'm not handling this well at all.

Hey I am sorry to hear about what has happened!!!

Instead of "begging" maybe try listening to her and letting her talk it through, and get things "off her chest".

Ask for a chance just to talk, fly to NY and just talk about it LISTEN AND HEAR her! Women love to talk, but men listen and don't hear

All the best

• 3 years later...