how direct do you have to be?

if a girl won't go somewhere with you and other mutual friends, does that mean that she wouldn't have gone out with you alone?

i asked a couple people about this and one said that if she wanted to be with me she would have come along. another said that she wasn't interested in a group thing but would have been more than willing to go out with me had i just been direct and said what i really wanted (which was just me and her).

is being direct the only way to know for sure, or can i take these things as hints that i just shouldn't even try? it's not that i COULDN'T go and directly ask her.. i'm not that shy or anything. It's more of a matter of whether or not i SHOULD.

it just totally depends on the girl, some girls r more intamate and like to be one on one, me on the other hand, would prefer greatly to go with a bunch of friends than just me and the other guy. i think u should just ask her if she wants to go out with u but take it slow in case ur not sure. dont even make it a date just ask "u wanna catch a movie sometime?" or "lets go get an ice cream" just to see what her reaction is...dont make it formal. then depending on if she says yes or no...well i think u'll know what she means once she tells u...but definitely go for it! u'll nvr know if u dont!

I agree with them too. It's different for every girl. There could so many reasons why she didn't go out with you and the mutual friends. So ask her out. If she declines with a good reason, ask her out again. If she says no again then don't try anymore . Good luck!