Can someone help me help my friend?

Today my best friend admitted to me that she was schizophrenia and a kleptomaniac. Now, since I now know this, how can I help her?

If you don't know what schizophrenia is it is a psychotic disorder usually characterized by withdrawal from reality, illogical patterns of thinking, delusions, and hallucinations, and accompanied in varying degrees by other emotional, behavioral, or intellectual disturbances. Schizophrenia is associated with dopamine imbalances in the brain and defects of the frontal lobe and is caused by genetic, other biological, and psychosocial factors.

Kleptomania isAn obsessive impulse to steal regardless of economic need, usually arising from an unconscious symbolic value associated with the stolen item.

Please reply

Has your friend been officially diagnosed? Please encourage her to talk to someone else about these problems - a teacher or counselor, and/or a doctor. They are in the best position to help her access the resources she needs to face and treat her conditions, whatever they may be.

Being close to a schizophrenic can be difficult, but you sound like a caring friend. Continue to be there for her and support her, and you will be doing plenty.