Last night my ex had a car accident. He called me from his cell phone to let me know what happened, that he was okay, and he was in the Emergency Room. Later, he sent a few text messages letting me know they were going to take some X-Rays, and he'd keep me informed.

He called me when they released him from the hospital. He wanted me to come pick him up. The thing is, there are a lot of people that he could have called to come get him - including several family members who live closer to the hospital - but he called me.

I picked him up, took him back to my house, and we talked. A lot.

I asked him why he called me, and he said, "It's always been us."

Yeah, I know it sounds sappy, but...

He reminded me of how, for years, we've always been there for each other - no matter what, no questions asked - when push came to shove, it was us against the world. And it's true. It always was. He made me remember the love that bonded us in the first place. He told me I was his home.

It makes me sad because this is the loss of love that I'm still grieving. I remember the time when it was good, when it was strong - not bad, not weak, or deceiving. It hurts so much that he reminded me of all this again. It hurts to know that he still remembers when it was like that.

He says that he still loves me, and it's really hard for me to hear. He resurrected the past, and a lot of old feeling came rushing back. I don't know what to do, it's like the old mixed in with the new. I should have stayed away from him when I told him we were through.

I took him home, but he's been on my mind all day long. I set myself back, in terms of getting over him and moving on. I keep realizing that I never stopped loving him. Even now. Even through all the hurt.

Why do I want to believe the things he says to me? I know I shouldn't, but I do. Things I thought he had long forgotten, turns out, he still remembers, too. Now how am I supposed to deal with that?

that's a shame, you call him your ex. I'm sure the car accident was a wakeup call for him in some respect. Maybe his own life, at least for that moment. By calling you, it just shows kinda, the walls that can get built up. , if you want to get back together though, I would let him take the initiative towards it.