Butterflys

Ok so I have this problem and i really want to over come it. See I am believe it or not an outgoing person. But when it comes to this guy that I like I totally freeze and can't do anything, and the whole time I feel totally dumb. I have to sit and talk myself into the fact that it's ok to call him and I shouldn't be nervous, but then when I finally do call him, I get all nervous and the convo is short.

I don't understand why I am acting/feeling like this. I want to be me, I want him to see my sense of humor and how fun I can be, but for some reason or another I can't overcome the nervous feeling. It's to the point where I could barf. I'm not like that with anyone but him, and Im tired of it. I want to get to know him, but how if im gonna be like this? If i can't over come this nervousness is there at least a way to hide that im so nervous so he wont know?

please help.

Qtpie87

Hi,

You could be trying too hard to make an impression on him, which could very well be giving you the jitters.

When you talk to him, either on the phone or face to face, keep in mind that you are starting out as friends first. So, keep it light and casual, and let the words flow. Don't ponder too much on what or what not to say. Your subconscience would take care of that. Be yourself and relax a little.

One more tip, you may like to ask him open ended questions so that he does more of the talking. Hope this helps.

I am the most nervous person around people I dont know but when im with my close friend in which I am regarded as the funny man.

One of my problems was talking to people I didnt know well also Iv managed to attain a certain mindset that dont get me wrong was hard to achieve. I know dont care what anyone thinks about me like I found friends finding out and things dont bother with that it is not worth it. I know Im younger and it may patronize you but it honestly is not hard they cant do nothing to you.

One tip I like to follow is "Dont fear defeat but fear regretting something you could have done that you didnt."

Phone him up and talk, honestly as a male he will be thrilled to talk to you it will flater him and its a win win situation.

ok this may sound silly but what's an open ended question? Yeah I would like for him to do most of the talking at first, but that's my problem, see I dont' want to want him to do most of the talking, that makes me look shy which with most people im not. I dont' want to do all the talkign either, I just don't want to come off as a push over or anything you know?

O and Derge don't worry about it, it doesn't matter that you are younger then me at all . Any advice and help from anyone is needed and thanks for helping. So hmmm guys are flattered when girls call them huh.

well that's good, lol.

thanks guys.

Qtpie87

I think i'll try that gross and slightly funny thing. Lol, that made me start cracking up so bad when I read that, lmao. yeah um I think that will work. serioulsy, but I might look kinda silly cracking up lol.

well thanks.

O and ok yeah thanks for the reply on the open ended question question too. I'll use that then, sounds like a plan.

thanks guys.

Qtpie87