Making curly hair uncurly

When I was really young I had extremely curly hair (frizzy). It's not as curly now, but it's still curly. I personally don't like having curly hair. I think I look better with straight hair. When it's curly, it looks ungroomed, IMO, and I am constantly trying to flatten it out and make it straighter at school but it never really does anything. I dunno, this seems to be annoying me lately.

Anyways, I've tried using different shampoos and conditioners. I shower everyday of course (before school), and even blowdry my hair (which makes it straight), but a few hours later (or sometimes less) it gets curly again. I just wish it could stay straight for a lot longer.

What do y'all recommend?

Thanks!

I have very long curly hair and I've been straightening it for the past year and a half. I don't know the quality of your hair, but mine doesn't have any damages.

2 years ago I did japanese straightening ($700+tip) and it didn't work. I don't have to tell you how pissed I was.

The best solution is to buy hair iron (make sure it's ceramic) and you will love it. they have all different shapes for long and short hair. Good luck!

lol.. oh no the curly headed syndrome... I too share your problem. My hair is extremely curly and after fighting it all through school I finally gave it up and let the curl win. Seriously, when I was a baby the curls were wound up so tight they stuck to my head and people would snatch the ends of it and pull it out straight just to see it go boing!!

anyhow., seriously.. you don't want friz? Stop blowdrying it. You're killing it. What I do is keep my hair wrapped in a towell for about 15 to 30 minutes. Then I finger comb my hair only using a comb if I have to. Then I put whatever hair care products on that I use ( alcohol free) and I'm done..And it continually amazes me when people come up to me and start playing with my hair and asking me if I know how lucky I am..

on the funny side?????????? My hubby and I first met when i used to straighten my hair. He loved my hair even though it was a fried over styled mess. Well a few years ago he looks at me and goes...........Ya know, I really don't like your hair when its all curly like that and me? silly me of course I had to come back with a nasty comment....said to him.... oh I'm sorry hun, but ya know..... I really don't like that fact that your going bald either but really now.... do ya ever hear me complain about it???????

If you really want straight hair then use these GHD straightners- or whatever your equivalent is in the US ( Hai Stik or Kodo I believe)

hair-care.co.uk/Cats/GHD.html

They do work absolute wonders and they have special mini straightners for men oe ladies with short hair.

Pricey but worth it!