What gets you pumped

What music do you listen to while your lifting or doin a workout?

I tend to listen to Metal core bands like Kill Switch Engage, Winter Solstice (awseome breakdowns), Bleeding Through, 36 Crazy Fists some others. What do you listen to? courious to find some new bands to get me in the mood to lift for football

Dragonforce, Destruction, Napalm Death, Grind bands, Pantera, mostly anything from my metal collection.

Grindcore owns! Birdflesh, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Phobia, Wasteoid, old Napalm Death, Nasum (RIP Mieszko, the frontman who died with the tsunami in Thailand ), Pigsty, Sayyadina, Benumb, Brodquin, phew, the list would go on for years... I also like Power violence: Ultimate Warriors (one of the most insane bands ever... gets me hyper), Charles Bronson, Kungfu Rick, Spazz, Bruce Banner, Man is the Bastard, and the fastest band ever (well sometimes...) Godstomper, f*** on the beach...

I like some metalcore... Martyr AD, Hoods, Converge (I dunno if they're metalcore or hardcore), Dillinger Escape Plan (dunno what they are either)... And metal: Pantera, some of the old Metallica, Slayer, Deicide, Kataklysm, some Lamb of God (not a satanic band, for those who don't know them...), Strapping young lad... I can use any of those to work out.

If you want instant spine tingling adreneline rush and stuff, heres what I do.

Say "power" while breathing out and do this like in a whisper and then breath in. Do this like 2-3 times. I have studied the results. I can usualy do like 45 pushups. With my "power commanding" I can do like 55. I have tested this with verticle jump as well. It works slightly less, but maybe thats cause my legs arent as good. With out I can touch the rim of a basketball hoop, with it, I can put my fingers over the lip of the rim. (still can't dunk though, hands are small). Anyway, no music required and it works 100% of the time. You can try this in any kind of pressure situation.

Btw, I didn't come up with this on my own. Ever watch the movie Anchorman? Veronica Corningstone does it before she does lead anchor for the first time. Anyway, all I got to say is it works for me. Maybe not for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

for me it's trance...all trance. It gets me focused on the work out. You would think i would listen to something more loud but the trance works great. It gets me pumped up also.

Speaking off...think i'll go listen to some now !