Bulking up forearms

I need some suggestions to get some more noticeable muscle on my forearms. Lets face it, most of the time that the only proper muscly part of me that can be seen! 8)

I have heard that doing press-ups, but holding yourself up on your fingers helps, but I would think the strain must be huge! I can do 20 ordinary presses, so its not that I can't / won't do it!

Any 'works for me' suggestion? Thanks a lot all!

Doc

You can take a bar, use a rope and tie a weight to it, and rotating your wrists (alternating), "pull" the bar up so you are wrapping the rope around the bar and the weight lifts up...don't know what these are called. You can also do the reverse. Builds up grip strength too as well as works forearms. They also have machines at gym that use this same system.

Reverse bar curls are also good for forearm strength and building.

Here's a link with some more info:

link removed

Well the great Bruce Lee was an avid forearm-building fan. He believed that the forearm muscle was very dense and so it needed to be worked everyday. Here are a few exercises that you could try:

- Wrist Rollers (the exercise that RayKay suggested)

- Reverse curl (will work the extensor muscles of the forearms)

- Cable reverse curl (using cable and floor pulley)

- Gripping machine (rare, but if you can find one it will be a great help)

- Zottman curl

- Barbell wrist curl

- Reverse barbell wrist curl

- Leverage bar (any old bar can be used, hold it in one hand at one end and try to rotate the other end clockwise then aticlockwise)

- Isometric squeeze (use spring loaded grippers and try to sustain each squeeze for 10-15 secs)

A simple search on google or on link removed should give you some sites that explain exactly what these exercises are if you are usure of any.

Have fun!