Question for the girls

well im friendly as it is. i dont know what i do diff. if i really liked someone and didnt know them, i may be super shy, but if i wasnt that into them i am friendly cause i am not nervous. if i am comfortable with him and i like him i would probably just pay more attention to him (ex: when he is talking, i listen and dont say uhh, im gonna go over there now bye.) i would prob smile alot and be nervous.

They probably don't know they are doing it, but they will tilt there head the opposite way to you are tilting yours (and you probably don't realise your doing it either).

This is proven to be true, and I would think 99% of the time that if it happens, its because they find you a bit attractive atleast.

I garantee if anyone says this isn't true, well then they obviously havn't observed themselves (ie via video) talking to someone they like.

They probably don't know they are doing it, but they will tilt there head the opposite way to you are tilting yours (and you probably don't realise your doing it either).

I don't know how much I would rely on that. I've read on the internet (and personally believe) that tilting your head can simply be a sign that you are *listening*. I know I, for one, almost constantly tilt my head. I don't have to be in a conversation with someone I'm interested in...I tilt it when listening to my pastor, doctor, teachers / professors (when I was in school, of course), friends, etc..

Sure, if you're interested in the speaker, you'll probably tilt your head -- but, just because you tilt your head doesn't mean you're interested in the speaker.

I believe that being overly-analytical in situations like this can set you up to be very disappointed.

I tilt my head and like to be a good listener when I talk to anyone. It can be my mom or by boyfriend's best friend, it doesn't matter.

The only thing I can say for sure, is that if she pays you a lot more attention than anyone else and is generally very complimentary of you, then she might think of you as more than a friend.

I believe that being overly-analytical in situations like this can set you up to be very disappointed.

VERY true!

You can't really say everyone does a particular thing. I've always heard that the key is a change in their behavior. For example: An outgoing girl may talk constantly to everyone else, but become very shy and quiet around a guy she likes. She may not seem to be paying him more attention, but she's *changing* her behavior because of her interest in him.

I agree mostly with the being friendly. You know, we smile a lot. Can be sincere and you know also a little mysterious. When women are around a guy they like they may touch him lightly on the arm or the shoulder when they laugh at his jokes. Listen intently when he talks and pay close attention. Doing that alone can show a girl really likes a guy. But mostly, being positive around him, giving off a good vibe, and always being sweet to someone lets them know you're interested. We as women may slip a little tease here and there, say we hope to know him better. The little things are the big things to notice. Take care. Peace.

I said that if the girl tilts the head to the opposite side in response to the man tilting his head to the side it indicates this. If that makes sense.

The action is in response to them tilting their head, not in response to being interested in the conversation or whatever. Look for the stimulus and the result, not just the result (and to be honest, those replies didn't mention if the head was tilted the opposite way or whatever).

I just feel I need to back up what I am saying because it's true.

I said that if the girl tilts the head to the opposite side in response to the man tilting his head to the side it indicates this. If that makes sense.

Yes, but what you don't understand is that it's NATURAL to tilt your head to the *opposite side*. I will say it again...I do it ALL the time...not just when I'm conversing with someone I'm interested in.

Edit: And, if you're saying that doesn't matter and that the way to tell isn't by the head tilt but by the *reason* for the head tilt, then there's no way to know that. I mean, you can't exactly ask someone if they are tilting their head one way because yours is tilted the other.

Like I said, it's *not* a reliable clue. And, as Oceaneyes said, we really must be careful that we don't over-analyze such things.

Santa, you might want to put replies in new posts...people often miss edits in a post; as, once they've read it, they rarely go back and re-read it again.

I didn't say that I naturally tilt it the opposite way because I take it as a given. As I said, tilting your head the opposite way is *natural*...tilting it the same way often feels awkward.

In your original post, you said you were sure people would argue the theory because we wouldn't believe we tilt our heads. Oceaneyes and I have done exactly the opposite and argued the theory is wrong because we *acknowledge* we tilt our heads often.

I'm not attacking you, but I think you need to realize that the theory of body language is just that -- a theory. It is NOT a science, and we really shouldn't rely on it as such. What one person does subconsciously to indicate interest may not be what another person does. I'm not saying the head tilt is NEVER an indication; it is, sometimes. What I am saying is that no one should just assume someone is interested because that person tilts their head the opposite way.