Timing or Just Not the Right Person?

I find it more difficult to move on after a relationship ends if I think it's because of timing. I really believe that the person was right for me but the timing was off.

The easiest for me to move on is when I really know the other person was just not the right person for me. The odd thing is, I usually end up drawing that conclusion after months or years post BU, and especially after I meet someone else.

Does this concept of timing make it more difficult to move on?

For me it does. I feel like what my ex and I had was meant to be, but the timing screwed us up. She was in a bad place with her work, and this left her emotionally needy and often angry about things. She also moved really quickly in this relationship, as she claimed she fell for me almost right away. I feel like now that she is making the transition to a new job she might be in a better place to have a relationship, but I doubt we will try again. I also feel like if she hadn't put so much pressure on our relationship because I was "the one," that things would have developed in a more organic fashion.

Archived