Lack of motivation to do stuff

anon_a_mouse

I know I have a lot of things I should do /or need to get done, but frequently can't find energy or motivation to do these things - so I often end up doing nothing or nothing productive in my free time this includes social events that I might get invited to - I sometimes turn them down as I don't feel in the mood- but I never seem to be in the mood.

Does anyone else feel like this sometimes and have any tips? For lack of energy- I think getting fitter would help as I'm not currently too fit.

Ug.

I feel like this, lately.

It sounds like your lack of productivity is a result of not having the desire to do anything & not insecurity, social anxiety, etc.

This is a good thing.

I'm in the same boat.

I don't have any problems getting invites to do things, I just simply don't want to.

Even cleaning & the things I *should* be doing I don't want to do.

I think you hit the nail on the head with getting fitter.

Do it.

That's my plan.

The more you do the more you wanna do, right?

You're going to have to actively break the cycle most likely. You can't just sit around and hope that one day you'll have an abundance of energy and a huge motivation to be productive. Perhaps you will, but you will likely end up waiting a lot longer than if you had just got up one day (when you didn't feel like it) and do something.

Go to that party and socialize, host a party, join a club, go for a bike ride, etc. Once you do these things a few times then you're starting to build new memories and a new foundation to which you can view yourself. You might find true enjoyment in a new activity and it will be this genuine enjoyment that gets you motivated and not the pressure to get out.

Ug.

I feel like this, lately.

It sounds like your lack of productivity is a result of not having the desire to do anything & not insecurity, social anxiety, etc.

This is a good thing.

I'm in the same boat.

I don't have any problems getting invites to do things, I just simply don't want to.

Even cleaning & the things I *should* be doing I don't want to do.

I think you hit the nail on the head with getting fitter.

Do it.

That's my plan.

Thanks for the reply. Sometimes I do get a little social anxiety about going to a social outing but if I do go along, it passes.

That's my plan.

Good plan. I very much agree with your last statement.

Archived