recommendation from an online instructor?

Moontiger

I have decided that I want to go back to school and get a masters in museum studies. There are several programs that I am looking at right now but there is one that I REALLY want to get into.

I think I have a good chance there is just one snag, the recommendations I need three. I have been out of school for two years now so finding academic references has been a challenge. I have an internship at a museum right now and have already spoken to a person there about getting a recommendation and I am signed up for a class that starts next week which I plan to do very well in and get a recommendation there.

I need a third one. What I was thinking I could do was sign up for a course of online classes at the university I REALLY want to go to. Could I get a recommendation from an online instructor? Does anyone have any experience with this?

It depends on if the university is accredited - if their instructors have the standard accreditation of your state university, most of the online instructors only instruct the online classes part-time, and also teach on-campus courses with the same requirements. In that case, it shouldn't be an issue.

Archived