Please everyone, read this and help me, I need it.

My x and I have not spoken in 10 months, after a rocky 7 years. She seems to get cold feet all the time and the last time I said I was done, i would not wait or be around anymore, recently, my father suddenly died after a battle with a very short illness, diagnosed one day and 6 weeks later gone, she has no idea that he was sick or has passed away and I have been struggling whether I should call her or not, I hope I do not want to do it for alterior motives, but I know deep down, i cannot get back together with her, even if she wanted too. She is the only one who really know how much I loved my dad and the kind of relationship I had with him, my family and I are heartbroken. What was weird is that two weeks after he was diagnosed, she called me, i was not home and she did not leave a message but I saw here number on my caller id..many of my friends thought maybe she had heard my dad was sick but there was no way, and I mean no way should could have known. Any suggestions, from anyone would be helpful, I have a hard time doing anything because I miss her so much and she has hurt me more than once in non-intentional ways...never cheated on me or anything like that, just a lot of baggage...any suggestions, thank you.

If you are abit nervous -give her a ring when you know she will not be in and leave her a message. State that your father has passed away and that you would really like to talk to her. If you need to then state that you have no ulterior motives but just need a friend who was aware of your relationship with your dad.

Just call her and use the excuse of " you saw that she called." There is nothing wrong with that, and she will think you are returning the call.. if she asks what took so long, the tell her about your dad..but don't start off by telling her that..by the way, I am very sad to hear that your father passed away, best wishes...