36 male, leaving g/f of 3 years, moving back east, sad

Hello,

My name's Drew, 36 male living in Denver and very much love the Colorado lifestyle and climate.

I live with my girlfriend, 35, no kids, owns the house, and she has a good job. I moved in with her last year when I came back from my mom's funeral. I was so depressed, I wouldn't work.

Moving in with her was a good move at the time. But now 13 months later, I'm secretly planning my escape. I don't love her in a way that makes sense to be living with her.

My problem is: I can't find a job in Denver, I'm broke, I can't affort a place of my own right now (rents in Denver are very high).

My solution is: Cut and Run. Take my most prized possessions, load them into my grand cherokee and go back to Indianapolis, (hometown) where at least I can stay with a friend or two until I get back on my feet.

The Dilemmas are: The thought of going back to Indy sickens my stomach. I love Colorado. The thought of living with my old drinking buddies scares me. The thought of pulling up stakes and giving up makes me almost want to cry. BUT staying with my g/f any longer (now that I've come to this conlusion), definitely causes pain.

Any other MEN been, or are in, this situation? I don't want to hear from any females, no matter what you think you know.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Drew,

It's been a few weeks after this posting. I thank you for coming to us with your question. I am sorry to see that noone was able to help you in a reply on your message, but I do hope that you received some solutions over e-mail. I also hope that things worked out the way you wanted to.

I am glad that you are living by one of my rules, that says: "The only obligation YOU have in life, is the obligation for YOU to be happy." I hope, though, that you have taken your g/f's feelings and emotions into account while planning your escape and getting out of this relationship.

I wish you good luck in your future.

~ SwingFox ~