is cutting a good hobby?

Mountain biking is a good hobby. Running & Hiking. Or reading. Painting. Taking scuba lessons. Or French lessons. Volunteering with youth, or the elderly.

Not cutting. It will end being a spiral you have a hard time breaking out of. As much as you feel as it will get you control, it has control over you.

If you feel compelled to cut, get help. Talk to someone.

I hope you are not serious, but in the event you are this is a big warning sign that you need to get some help now. I'm a registered nurse who has worked with teens who cut themselves -- and those who do are almost always teenage girls who have issues of pain, anxiety and fear. Some who do this say it is a way to have control over the pain that is inflicted on them, rather than allowing others to cause them pain.

You must be feeling very bad to be drawn to self-mutilation. This is not something that people typlcally do just because they are bored. You haven't said anything about what is happening in your life right now or why you are thinking about hurting yourself, but I hope you will give some serious thought to this and get some help to deal with whatever is hurting you so badly.

I agree with CherryGrl. hCutting is dangerous, and is also a possible sign of depression. There are many better things to do with your time, find a sport, build model airplanes or cars, reading, writing. There are lots of great hobbies out there, choose any one of them, except cutting.