What should I do?

How should I tell my friend that I like his sister? I have thought deeply for a long time about the complications that are inevitable if I did, but I still like her. I know that this is the "age gap" forum and so the other dilemma is this, she is 14 and I am 17 going on 18 soon. I'm afraid that I will lose my friend and his respect because it's his "little sister" that I have these feelings for. I honestly don't know how she feels about me. I know I should wait, but I need to express how I feel because I felt this way for so long and it is consuming my mind. The both of them really mean a lot to me and I am close with their family and if I destryoy my relationship with them, then I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. I don't want that to happen. Any suggestions, please help.

Hmmmmm.........that is a problem. I would make sure she feels the same about you before telling her brother or the rest of the family.

Maybe you can tell her something like a girl who's around her age asked you out but you really weren't interested so you said no. Then you can ask her if she thinks anything is wrong with that. Then ask her who's the oldest person she's dated. She might see right through you but if she happens to tell someone you can always deny it had anything to do with her.

However, this is risky if she does feel the same way. Some people don't take this kinda thing lightly. BE CAREFUL!!!

Hope this helps a bit!