What are tips to save/manage money and cut spending...

Thanks I just bought one! Never used that site before but it's really neat.

Oh, I know, I love it! Especially when they have the $3 deal.

It's also actually tied up with link removed, which is a program that helps you save money for college when you buy stuff. Another cool site.

I never eat in restaurants, I never go to bars.

Got rid of my credit card. (I would have never made any headway with that millstone around my neck.)

I buy pretty nice clothes in the thrift store for a fraction of new and some of these clothes are brand new and donated for a tax write-off.

Cars always seem to eat up your finances, I take the bus and save a fortune.

Furnished my place with discards. (Nicer furniture than I would have bought for myself.)

Some food I buy at the discount grocer that averages about half price.

Keep your bills up to date, those late fees add up.

At 50 years old I was sick of living from paycheck to paycheck and finally started my nest egg.

Thx

^ yeah...avoid credit cards/store cards. They do nothing except get you in debt.

If I want something expensive I save for it. I don't get myself into debt for it. I don't see the point.

If you want to buy a house any debt you have will be added onto your mortgage so you need a deposit, plus your debt amounts saved up in order to buy.....You should concentrate on paying off any debts you have as well as putting some savings aside.

It's important to start saving early on. It's also important to start paying into a pension as early as possible. Many people don't think about their future when they first start working but the earlier you start the more comfortable your life will be.

^ yeah...avoid credit cards/store cards. They do nothing except get you in debt.

If I want something expensive I save for it. I don't get myself into debt for it. I don't see the point.

If you want to buy a house any debt you have will be added onto your mortgage so you need a deposit, plus your debt amounts saved up in order to buy.....You should concentrate on paying off any debts you have as well as putting some savings aside.

It's important to start saving early on. It's also important to start paying into a pension as early as possible. Many people don't think about their future when they first start working but the earlier you start the more comfortable your life will be.

Lol, I don't know why I got that stupid credit card. Got rid of it about three days before the $75 annual fee.

I wish I would have started saving sooner, I really do, but better late than never.

For the last two years I have been saving. I started investing in silver and one of the paramount rules in any investing is to get rid of all your debts first. If a person has debts they have no business investing.

I tell ya', it gives me a warm fuzzy glow having several thousand dollars in the bank instead of $10.

Not a stupendous nest egg I admit, but for me it's massive.

If you can live just slightly below your means you will be as rich as you will ever need and in only a few years you will have a nice pile.

Thx

They have a young guy on the news here who "traded up" from a cell phone to a Porsch.

A friend of mine did that as a hobby.

He went from a 1965 Caddie that was trashed through about a dozen trades over a year he had worked up to a 61 Corvette convertable.

Needs paint is all.

OP maybe you can find a hobby that will pay.

Thx

Agreed with Karvala, you have to know where your money is going down to the pennies and see what expenses and debts/bills that can be cut first. Unless your saving account is getting more interest than your credit card and revolving account bills (which is never the case) you're better off paying them off first then start saving.

According to Financial Peace University, you should first save up $1000 for emergencies, and then work to pay off your credit cards. That way, if something comes up, you won't need to use a card to take care of it. FPU is awesome, by the way. For about $100, you can take a 10-week course to teach you how to handle all financial aspects of your life. Great course!

Another thing they recommend is the envelope system. It really works. You figure out what you spend each year on things like magazines, gifts, car repair, insurance, new car purchase, groceries, etc.; divide that up into your 12 or 26 or 52 paychecks, how much out of each check would go to that amount. Then you set up an expanding folder with tabs or envelopes, and you set aside money each paycheck to put into the envelopes for each one. Basically, you're saving up for your purchases so you have a more stable income/outcome every month.

Oh, and link removed is having a special today. Normally, you can buy a coupon for $25 at a restaurant for $10. Today, with the special code word (tasty), you can get that $25 certificate for $3. I just stocked up!

Someone just told me they are now on sale for $2. I only wish Ted's Montana Grill would still do these.

$25 Gift Certificates for $2 with Code PLATE (Exp. 07/31)

Archived