is this normal after a bottle of water?

Today, so far I've drank a bottle and a half of water and milk from my cereal.

After I finished the bottle of water, I had to pee immediately, like so bad that it felt like I had been holding it for hours. It didn't hurt, and I could have held it but it was uncomfortable.

So I went. And now, ten minutes later, I have the exact same feeling. I feel like I've been waiting for forever to pee, but I just did.

I had a bladder infection, and was put on meds for it, but that was over a month ago.

This just seems wrong. Think it's still here or maybe something else? Or maybe that's normal...?

When I drink coffee I run to pee every 10 minutes. What is your normal intake of liquid and normal frequency to pee? If your normal intake of liquid is less than what you drank today, pee 10 minutes may be normal. But since you had bladder infection recently, why not get a doctors opinion, if this doesn't change.

Bladder infections are common in women, but not fully treated they can turn into worse problems. Did you COMPLETELY finish your treatment for the bladder infection, even if you "felt better" when there was still medication left in the jar? If not, the infection may still be there.

OR, best case scenario, you don't drink as much water as you should and so your body is using all of the water you drank right now to flush out other toxins that have been sitting there for a while...which is one reason you pee.

Bladder infections are common in women, but not fully treated they can turn into worse problems. Did you COMPLETELY finish your treatment for the bladder infection, even if you "felt better" when there was still medication left in the jar? If not, the infection may still be there.

OR, best case scenario, you don't drink as much water as you should and so your body is using all of the water you drank right now to flush out other toxins that have been sitting there for a while...which is one reason you pee.

I finished all my medication that I got. And to be honest, I still noticed I was peeing almost as much, maybe even as much.

I probably still have an infection. Mine was never painful though, just mild.

That happens to me too, and I've never been diagnosed with any kind of bladder problem or UTI. I think at least some of it has to do with what I've been eating that day. For example, if I eat more salty foods, I rarely pee (salt retains water, as you know). If I've eaten something sugary and had the same amount of water, I pee more. If I have a bit of caffeine or alcohol, bam! Doesn't take very long for me to need to use the restroom (and frequently, too!).

I recommend tracking your eating and drinking habits for a few days. See if you notice a pattern. Make adjustments if you need to. If that doesn't help at all, then you should consult with your doctor.

Archived