Men: Have you ever dumped someone and then forgot all about them?

Unity

For the men - have you ever dumped someone you were with and then completely forgot all about them, never thought about them etc.?

Or conversely - have you ever dumped someone, but then thought about them all the time and felt like you had made a huge mistake??

I don't think when someone *acts* like they've forgotten you that it means they have. Maybe they think it's easier all round that they act this way?

I've been dumped in the past and pretty much been completely cut off...hurt like hell but in hindsight it helped me to move on faster than if he'd kept in contact, so a long time later I can see that actually his actions were kind of sensible.

I think that you should ask a moderator to edit your original question and ask for more info in the replies.

I should think that a guy who is seeing someone for two weeks and decides that they aren't suited is more likely to forget about that person than someone who was seeing their ex for six months. It's all in the length of time and strength of the connection I should imagine.

Or conversely - have you ever dumped someone, but then thought about them all the time and felt like you had made a huge mistake??

This. I still regret it... one of the biggest mistake i ever made. I was a young fool.

You can never forget someone, I have had a couple of X's now. I'll still remember the first and will remember the second. You dont forget but you lose the same feelings for them as you did when you first broke up. This allows you to move on easily. Thats why they say time is a healer. Over time you lose feelings for them.

sigh....so i'm not the nly one

10 years later still feel the same...........

Ah, could you tell us the story? How long did it take before you regretted?

Sorry, I'm just looking for a bit of hope... Everyone says my ex will regret it one day, because he seemed so in love, and because of his reasons for the split.

I just hope he at least thinks of me.

well if you was a good gf then he will never forget you, he will regret it once he realises how good you were. If you were cruel to him and didnt treat him right then the next girl that comes along who treats him with respect he will forget about you. just depends on the way you treat people.

When I get into a relationship I make sure I give them my all, this way I have no regrets afterwards. If that person is not for you then why waste time, you need to try and find that person thats close to you so you can spend as much time as possible with the one that is meant for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Ooh, can you tell us more?

Well, i didnt really have a solid reason... i guess i was just a bit bored with her and there were lots of * * * * going on in my life. I was angry, frustrated. I didnt give her proper chance to "help me". Dont know why i did it, i am still thinking about it and none of it makes sense. By the way, we split on Valentine's day

Then like 2 months after this, i took a bus on my way home. As it stopped on traffic light, i looked outside the window and there she was. We were looking at each other for like a minute, but it felt even longer. I could see in her face the sadness and uncertainity, why this all happened and how i hurted her. At that moment, i could feel my heart bumping like crazy... and thats also when i realised what i have done. I felt like crying.

Just like onelifeliveit said, she was very good to me, always treated me well and never did anything to me, so i deeply regret it. Always will.

Archived