This is messed up

there this girl right...she's my best friend and she told me she had a major crush on me three weeks ago. I told her it's better for us to stay friends and it could change but only time could tell...i said those exact same words to her...then...this saturday, i want to a party with her and when I looked at her straight in her eyes, i felt something. the same night, she asked me if it changed, and I said yes but i wanted to make sure that the feeling is there to stay. she was happy, but then yesterday, i wanted to talk to her about us. and i asked her if she still wanted me. she said she doesnt know... now, i dont even know how to act around her...how should i act around her?

How should you act around her? That's tough to say. To give the right answer, I'd first have to assume you wanted a relationship to develop, then I'd have to get in her head to figure out how to make that happen. This is not science, it's more like playing fortune teller.

But let's look at the cards we have already seen. She made amov etowards you, then you rejected her (your stay friends comment), then when you make a move in her direction, and she backs away. Why did she back away? Because she changed her mind? or because she is not so sure whether you really want her or not?

If she is not so sure, then you need to make another move. If she might have changed, you need to be the guy who makes her feel great about herself. How would I think you act? Confident and complimentary. Make her feel wonderful being around you, then turn that off. Also, act like your are ready to welcome her attention, but you won't rush her. Act confident she will come around to wanting you, and let her know that you think she will once again be sure. Confident, but DO NOT ACT COCKY.

• 4 weeks later...