Please help!!!!

So I just tried to dye my hair red, I have been dying my hair black for like a year. My hair looks horrible! The top half is red and now the bottom is black! Is it bad if I dye my hair again tomorrow? Like just the top? Is my hair going to fall out? I just dyed it today and I would like to remove the dye on the top and have it be black again! Please let me know if you know the answer to this.

I'm sorry this happened, so put your hair up into a messy bun under a cap - go to a salon and ask

I think what happened is the dye wasn't strong enough to take out the black and dye it red - when you dye your hair one color for so long especially, it's best not to dye it a completely different color until you grow it out. For instance, I've bleached/dyed my jet black hair for over two years now so I have these light brown natural highlights. Well one day I wanted my hair back to it's normal black, and it literally washed all out by the third day. I talked to my salon hair stylist Charlie and he said it wasn't a good idea to dye over a dye that's completely a different color especially - besides, it's pretty bad for your hair.

No worries, a salon will know what to do I hope somebody is more knowledgeable than me though hehe

To go red from black you would have to bleach your hair to almost blond then apply the red.... a VERY damaging process.

However, if you want to just put black over the red color you did today- that shouldn't be too bad, because you are just asking your folicles to soak up color as opposed to striping anything away. Assuming you don't want to pay a salon for corrective color (pricey!!) Deep condition your hair tonight or tomorrow and then I think it would be ok to use the black color you've used before.

I sympathise with you, I've done this! What I would recommend if you are in the UK is B4 by Scott Cornwall - colour remover, you can buy it in Boots and it works a treat! I was amazed, doesn't even mess up the condition of your hair, however deep condition it afterwards to be safe...

Or, in America, Colourfix and Colour Oops are the same I think...you should be able to buy them in a drugstore or Sallys and they all DO work...

Eclipse x

Archived