How should I approach him?

Okay. Here's the story.

There's this guy I've liked for a LONG time now, and I think he likes me too. Like, he's always polite and quiet and nice around me etc...just all these hints. Last night I asked him to go to a dance next week with me, and he started saying "i dunno" but not like "I dunno if you're good enough", just a normal. And I told him to tell me on monday, but hes the kind of guy to not say it. So how should I approach him?

Ok, let's bullet item this so that we can get better look at it...

- you ask him out

- he's says I don't know

- you said it was OK for him to let you know on Monday.

- you are antisipating him not answering you and want to know how to handle that....

couple questions,

what causes you to say that hes the kinda guy that won't say it - and by "it" I am assuming you mean "yes, i will go with you" or "no I won't"

I think there are alot of people out there who don't deal with conflict very well and for alot of them, saying No to someone represents a conflict and so, they will avoid. Now, that said, what are you feeling on this, if he really wanted to go with you, why wouldn't he just have said yes - that's easy. Can you tell us why you think he just would not have said yes?

-A

Well it seems to me your going to have to wait until monday, Really you were the one that set a dead line, and now he is going to wait until that deadline, to give you, his answer..so you giving him time to think over, analyze, and balance the pro's and (or) con's about this "DANCE" you asked him to.

If the answer is NO, than just act like nothing is wrong, just say "OK, Well you can't blame me for trying" hold your head up high and walk away.

If the answer is YES, than have a great time!

Depending on how shy he is it could be he can't dance. I can't

He may want to go out with you, but in a venue where he won't look like an idiot (I know I would). How about you ask him to bowling or a movie

It could be that he feels a little weird about a girl asking him, but me, I would love it.

--Joey