Free credit monitoring!

KG

A Credit Monitoring Company was found guilty of selling customers info, and as reported by National Public Radio today, they are being required to offer free credit scores and credit monitoring. You can sign up for 6 months/cash...which means the contract lasts that long, and you may get $ back at the end of the class action lawsuit...altho it will only be $5 or $10 bucks.

Or you can go with 9 months, no cash.

They WILL not add you to their system at the end of contract, you will simply be dropped.

The link is on their homepage at link removed

Left hand side menu, click Business.

Good luck all...it's free!

KG

Cause I'm certainly going to trust a company convicted of selling their customers' personal data with my credit information.

This is what I don't like about class action lawsuits... they all seem to end with some intangible, non-monetary damages that the company can easily manage without any real cost to them.

Thanks for this KG. I'm going to follow up. Identity theft is so scary. I've had two notices in the past month about stolen computers with my personal data. One was from an old employer and one was from my school. As a benefit, I received free credit monitoring. But in order to get it, I had to register for a fraud alert with.... You guessed it - TransUnion!

To Insofar - I understand your skepticism, but I won a monetary award out of the blue. I was notified in a letter that I was part of a class action lawsuit against a large auto insurance company. I had been hit by an uninsured driver several years ago and it turned out my insurance company didn't reimburse me enough for my damages. All I had to do was fill out a form, notarize it, and return it. Later, I received almost $2,000. Goes to show, there is justice sometimes.

Archived