Need some advice on quick weightloss

hmm well weight loss is always usually a slow process, but you can make it go faster than usual, by just working harder. lol its not as bad as it seems, here are some tips for you:

always exercise either early morning or late afternoon. i suggest morning though because your metabolism is working its fastest, so you will burn more.

a decent work out should always be 45mins to one hour. if its very high intensity then about 20-30 mins. the faster your heart rate the faster your burning fat. I always thought the more pain you felt the more work you were doing, but its all about the heart.

ok make sure its atleast 3 hours since your last meal, before exercise that way your burning stored fat. then wait atleast an hour before you eat again, as you actually burn more AFTER a work out than during....weird huh!

last but not least: EAT HEALTHY. try and stay away from carbs including white bread and white rice, pasta things like that. you can still have them, but try and stick to wholegrain. and also cut out the obvious fatty foods : butter, chocolate, burgers, hot and potato chips, things like that.

there REALLY is no secret, dont be fooled into the tablets they sell, heck if it were that easy there would be NO overweight people! good luck to you! keep up the good work ^_^

*+*Materia_Goddess*+*

Yup! i guess it's a pretty simple equation! If you eat more calories than you need you will put on weight! Eat healthy, have 3 balanced meals a day, drink plenty of water and AVOID snacking during the day! If you have to snack go for healthy options like fruit. Get a bit of exercise in too - I'm not a keen gym-goer but I'm slim as I walk everywhere! I guess other tips if you wanna burn the calories is simple stuff like take the stairs instead of the lift, walk to the shops instead of taking the car!

Other stuff - try to avoid junk food and processed sugary/refined/fried foods. you can treat yourself now and then but then you'll have to balance this out by having reduced calorie meal for dinner. Go for low-fat, reduced options like skimmed milk where you can. Oh and I know if you're dieting it can a be a nightmare eating out! Go for tomato-based sauces and avoid any creamy or cheese sauces - these are loaded with fat! A trick I do is maybe order a side salad for main and then I can have the dessert! It's pretty easy really - eat healthy foods in sensible portions! And if you really want to lose the weight and keep it off you have to think this way about what you eat all the time! If you're cooking at home pick lean meats like chicken breasts and take the skin off the chicken. Fish is good too! Steaming, poaching, grilling and stir-frying are also healthy reduced-fat ways to cook.

Oh and starving yourself won't help you lose weight either - your body will store fat whenever you have a binge which you will if you're skipping meals. the weightloss you have at the beginning if you skip meals is mostly water loss so in fact you're not really losing weight!

Unless you are maybe a wrestler and have to be a certain weight, I would not worry about a measly 7 or 12 pounds. There is nothing to be worried about if you only weigh 122. In fact if I weighed that much I would want to put on some weight. I would be so skinny that I would look like a stick.

If you intend on losing weight, just try not to lose too much too fast. The body wasn't meant to lose weight at a fast level. It's supposed to be a controlled process where the body gradually loses it's weight. Losing it too fast leads to yo-yoing, you lose it fast, but gain it just as fast, and then some. Lose it over time, you'll stay healthy, keep the weight off easier, and won't pass out so easily.

Another thing to remember, drink lots of water. Dehydration is very risky, but also because drinking plenty of water keeps the kidneys clean, which is what controls a lot of you metabolic functions. Keeping the kidneys clean means you'll metabolize calories at your body's maximum rate safely. Also, try and drink cool or cold water, when it's cold, the body uses calories to heat up the water once it's inside the system, so it's kind of an internal workout.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was at one time in my life 128 lbs and went down to 110 (I'm 5'2") and have never looked back. Let me tell you how I did it.

First off, DON'T WORRY ABOUT LOSING IT QUICKLY. PLEASE! You are more at risk to regain the weight, and it's very unhealthy for you to go about it in a rushed way. I lost my weight over the course of several months. No matter what special event is coming up that may make you believe you need to lose the weight quick, it is not worth it. You want to make health, fitness and eating properly (NOT DIETING), your new lifestyle. You didn't mention your height, but your current weight isn't bad. Remember that. What you want to do is focus on improving yourself so that you feel comfortable.

Here are the things you should do to lose the pounds:

1. Educate yourself. Get some fitness magazines, read things online about fitness and eating right. Get to where you're an expert on a healthy lifestyle. You should make sure you know what you're doing.

2. Don't diet, just eat right. Learn about calories and fat but don't obsess over them. Diets are a waste of time and energy. Just eat good things like whole grains, fruits, vegetables, chicken breast, tuna, etc. and eat small meals 5-6 times a day. You'll always feel well-fed and you won't be getting an excess of calories. Remember that eating right is 50% of the equations.

3. Exercise about 5 days a week. This is the other 50% really. And if you hate to work out, don't worry... just like eating well, exercise is something that grows on you. Figure out what works best for you. For some it's joining a gym, for others it's a fitness trainer, and for people like me- I prefer to work out at home. Invest in a few work out videos, some kind of inexpensive equipment like jump ropes, a stepper, or a stationary bike (garage sales!) and don't forget the free weights! You need to not only do 30-45 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, but tone those muscles to look even better. Muscle definition is really going to keep you trim.

That's it! You can do it, but get it in your mind it will take some time. The quick fixes (like this low carb trend! booooo!) aren't going to do anything for you but set you back.

S.

3 days a week of cardio for 20min is a good amount of time for people starting up. I run 5-6x a week now for about 30-40min. Just build that stamina and endurance up and run for longer periods of time, or up hills(DONT run down hill, that will cause your knees wear out and can cause major problems) adjusting it so your muscles dont get used to the same routine. To tone, mostly do light weight lots of dif sets of repetitions. To cut the fat run or walk a couple miles a day. Running just gets the heart beating faster, you will burn the same amount of calories its just a matter of you getting done quicker. check out mens health or other fitness magazines(its not just a body builder mag!) Cut the carbs, add protein and fiber to your diet. Good luck