Ra Position...

I was offered an RA Position at my college. But I'm not sure if I want to take it this year. I just got from Japan about a month ago, and want to really study more Japanese and work on a 3rd novel for a trilogy I've been working on. Plus I'll be in a 4th year of college, so my class load will be heavier. Next semester won't be much better. I was an RA my sophomore year, so I have already had the experience. Just lots on my mind right now...just wanted to "vent" or ask for advice. Has anyone else happened to have been an RA their 4th year of college? Was it worth it?

I know someone who was an RA their junior year while taking a full course load, and even had a part time job on the side. She was busy, but she didn't have much of a problem because she enjoyed it and managed her time quite well. Plus, not having to pay for your living expenses is nice too.

If you don't think it would work out, just decline. I know from experience that having an RA that didn't really cared to be an RA was really just useless.

Archived