Questions about the Catholic Church

1. What do you think will happen to those who choose to practice a alternative religions ?

I have seen many people who believe that they will have a blessed after life by worshiping things other than God.

Never mind this question has nothing to do with being a Catholic. Sorry!

I'm Catholic too. Personally, I don't get why would there be any confusion about our religion, but I do understand why there would be prejudice against it (looking back in history to the original Catholics).

We believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, we believe in one Savior, Jesus Christ. We believe in one holy Catholic and apostolic church, we believe in the forgiveness of sins, we look for the resurrection and the life of the world to come. At least in my church, we recite something that's really close to that every Mass (and a lot more, of course, it's like a page long).

Anyway, I don't really know any other religions so I can't say what would be different about ours.

I don't really know why I'm posting this, because I barely know what i'm talking about, but I guess I just identify a bit with this board, so what the hey.

"What do you think will happen to those who choose to practice a alternative religions?"

Good question. It depends if you are in good conscious following God. If you know that Jesus is God and that he established the Catholic Church and you then reject this then you are in trouble. If you don't know this by no fault of your own and you try to follow God then God is not going to send you to hell for something that is not your fault. This is the basic answer. Here is the official long answer from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

843 The Catholic Church recognizes in other religions that search, among shadows and images, for the God who is unknown yet near since he gives life and breath and all things and wants all men to be saved. Thus, the Church considers all goodness and truth found in these religions as "a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life."[332]

"Outside the Church there is no salvation"

846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?[335] Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.[336]

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church: Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.[337]