• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Found 3 results

1. The cluttered kitchen counters scattered with bills and breakfast dishes were the same as usual. I smiled my good morning to my husband who stood at the percolator and answered me with a grunt that could be translated as “Morning” in some act of politeness. I continued on without giving it a second thought. Little did I know the life we shared was about to crumble. It was a day like any other – until I stumbled upon the secrets that lurked beneath the façade of our marriage. I received a call from a mutual friend whose daughter had stumbled upon a Twitter account that my husband had been trying to keep secret from me all these years. Suddenly, pieces began to click together as if I had finally found that missing puzzle piece locking into place. As it turns out, my beloved husband had a separate Twitter account he used to sext other people. As one can imagine, words cannot even begin to describe the many emotions I felt in that moment. I felt betrayed, angry, confused, hurt and more than anything, incredibly foolish. How did I not see this coming? What had he done with his time that I thought he was doing something else? I thought I knew my husband, but what I do know of him now is far different. Sadness, anger and resentment spiralled through me as I thought about other details that suddenly seemed to point to the same conclusion. The guilt of his drinking binges and late nights suddenly made sense without seeming suspicious. I should have seen the signs and confronted them earlier instead of letting them just slide. Anger turned into feelings of betrayal – how could he do this to me! I had given him my love and loyalty, only for him to be sending saucy messages to strangers. With a heavy heart, I knew there was nothing more to do but confront him. I took a few deep breaths and invited him to sit down and talk. His stuttered explanations felt empty and lacking in sincerity. I know he was sorry, but it was all too little, too late. My husband was not the person I thought he was and that saddened me greatly. Even after all of this, I still love him, but the trust has been broken and cannot simply be mended with a few kind words. My heart broke that day – broken by the secrets my husband had hidden beneath the surface of our seemingly perfect world. He had played a game of hide-and-seek with my trust, leaving me feeling foolish and exposed with nowhere to turn. Regardless, I have come to terms with the truth and can work to move past it and hopefully look to the future with an open heart.
  2. A poetic satire I wrote as a project for my English class portraying irony in the sense of the affects modern day technology, specifically internet has on our current generation. The underlying message is whether developing technology is for the better or the worse. [video=youtube;CxjGIe_ya84] ] Mindless mass of minute details In reference to vapid lives we lead. Brief one-liners and formal acquaintances With internet, we forget to "read". Lack of intimate communication, our only engagements occur online. Is this all really innovation or are we all just blind? Institution becomes obscure, we educate ourselves With Wikipedia and Google, who needs teacher help? Convenience is easy, even scary in a way... Access to all desires, becoming stranger's prey. Posting our identities, dating online... With Facebook and Twitter We lose track of "time". Forgetting who we are Engrossing ourselves in cyber drama When life passes us by, we'll know it was karma. I really thank those that read it. It means a lot to me.
  3. Reading over my poem, I can definitly see that most people beside the one who I wrote it about will not understand most of this. Maybe you can relate though, so please take the time to read... I can see you in the darkness Just a memory of those forgotten things But I remember how it felt Yeah, I remember how it felt... You're not here anymore But I remember the way I loved you I remember the way it went Sometimes holding hands Don't you remember the feeling? Walking in the dark Eating burnt bacon Listening to oldies, and Linkin Park. I can see you in the sunlight Just a shining of the past But I remember what we said Yeah, I remember what we said... I don't know when you'll find this But I love you, for all of time That's what the paper said And the notebook filled with Tweet and Moo It was all pointless, I see now But it didn't matter then. And I remember what we did Wasting money at the mall You wouldn't eat a thing at the Olive Garden And those converses, well you got them cheaper than mine I remember all the times, All the times I think we had I had the chance to kiss you But it was wasted Didn't move fast enough With trying something new I know it would've been amazing- It would've been with you. There's no point to anything But I'm writing anyway Just like, when I get your address I'm sending that letter, in the mail I guess some part of me remembers Well, all of me remembers How I loved you How I love you. And I hope you find your happiness. Empty