What Does In Touch With Your Emotions Mean?

RealBrookeI

Someone who is in touch with their emotions knows what they are feeling and why they are feeling them and can express then verbally but though other means too.

I have also heard of this being described as “Emotional Intelligence” which as been defined as:

"Knowing yourself — in other words being able to recognise emotions when they come, being able to recognise as you become more skilled what triggers those emotions and maybe sometimes what causes them.

Building effective relationships with other people, being able to pick up cues from other people to see how they are responding to a situation and reacting in a way that is going to get the best out of that relation."

Someone who is in touch with their emotions knows what they are feeling and why they are feeling them and can express then verbally but though other means too.

I have also heard of this being described as “Emotional Intelligence” which as been defined as:

"Knowing yourself — in other words being able to recognise emotions when they come, being able to recognise as you become more skilled what triggers those emotions and maybe sometimes what causes them.

Building effective relationships with other people, being able to pick up cues from other people to see how they are responding to a situation and reacting in a way that is going to get the best out of that relation."

I totally agree with him. Also, some people know that they are feeling something, but sometimes can get confused (mixed-emotions). For example, if they're hurt, they get angry and start an argument instead of just telling their SO, for example, what's hurting them. In that guy's case, however, I think he just simply meant "in touch with your emotions" as in being able to express what you feel, and knowing what you feel and letting it be known, rather than holding it inside and pretending like it doesn't exist.

Archived