Bestfriend Issues...

Okay me and Katie have been friends for almost 4 years. Its been a long and hard 4 years, but our friendship has survived a lot. About 2 years back, I had a boyfriend, and she didn't like how I would always be talking to him, or when I was with him. I guess you can say in a way... she was jealous.. A couple months ago me and this other girl began to be really good friends. I would always talk to her instead of Katie because I felt like me and this other girl understood eachother better. Well not long after me and Katie got into a fight about how I was letting the other girl "take her place" and I guess I understood.. so I decided to stop being friends with the other girl period so me and Katies friendship would last. About 2 weeks ago the other girl wrote me and email and I wrote her back.. and we just started talking.. well Katie found out from someone else.. I didn't tell her because me and the other girl didn't come to a conclusion whether it was best for us to become friends again or what.. so I didnt feel the need to say anything to her. Well we were dicussing it.. me and Katie.. and still she doesn't see the need in having more than one friend.. and she doesn't see the need for me to have more than one either. A lot of people say i let her run my life.. and how she doesn't want me to have a bf.. so thats why I don't have one.. I don't know what to do.. I want to be Katie's bestfriend.. yet I think I should be friends with the other girl too(shes a great friend.. who wouldn't dare stab you in your back..).. I need advice ASAP

Thanks

Jenn

I THINK THAT THIS KATIE GIRL SOUNDS PRETTY CONTROLLING. WHO WANTS TO HANG OUT WITH THE SAME PERSON ALL THE TIME?! I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I CANT HANDLE PEOPLE TRYING TO RUN MY LIFE ITS HARD ENOUGH HAVING PARENTS. I THINK YOU SHOULD TALK TO KATIE AND TELL HER THAT YOU ENJOY HAVING MORE THAN ONE FRIEND. AND EXPLAIN TO HER THAT YOUR FRIENDSHIP WITH THE OTHER GIRL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR FRIENDSHIP WITH HER. IF SHE CANNOT REALIZE THAT IT IS YOUR DECISION WHO YOU HANG OUT WITH THEN MAYBE THE FRIENDSHIP IS NOT WORTH THE DRAMA. IN MY OPINION FRIENDSHIP SHOULD BE BASED MAINLY ON GOOD TIMES WITH OCASIONAL ARGUMENTS LIKE ANY HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP. IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU ARENT HAVING MUCH FUN WITH KATIE. GOOD LUCK!