When To Say No

I have had a shock at how shallow people can be over the past 2 years. Since I was in a serious car accident I have not had any support from friends or family and because I have not been well have had to cut a lot of people out of my life because they were doing more harm than good.

I have known a lot of pople that are obsessed with trying to compare where you are at financially which I find sickening because obviously there are set backs as you wait for compensation. One woman I was so fed up with but still part of me still wanted to have some friend and I said You'll have to come over and I'll buy you dinner at a restaurant. JUst to make the person see that I was doing ok financially and stop talking about superficial crap. Since then she is always ringing to try and organise a time.

Isn't it a shock that after the accident no one rang to see how I was but if they think they will get a free meal they are on the phone. I want to get out of this. I will buy people lunch if I feel a genuine situation but I hate that this woman has done this and I want to get out of it.

Sorry I am rambling but need to clarify my thoughts. I thought I was being paranoid and what a nice thing to do to take her out for lunch. But I should not have to.

Gosh I wish I could meet some decent people.

I don't care about people talking about me. That is all a lot of people do anyway. I just need to do what is right for me and look after myself. I don't want to subject myself to an earful of nonsense which is why I often come to forums because at least here you can get some interesting view points.

It is a cold grey day outside I feel like cuddling up to the cat who is wrapped in a mohair shawl.