a drunk confession

hey. i like this guy. we work together. when i first started there he was really into me and asked me out but i said no because im shy. i guess. he stopped talking to me. we started talking again. today he told me he used to show up to work drunk (and they didnt fire him) is this an indicator he does or doesnt like me. i would say yes (because hes confessing something/revealing himself) and i would say no (because a guy wouldnt want a girl he likes to know he showed up to work drunk).... also he interlopes when i talk to other guys. like me and this guy were talking and he put his hand in between us when he joined the conversation abruptly (weird, out of nowhere)... also, this other guy was pushing me flirtatiously and he came in between us and pushed us apart.... but, when he's working he's rude and not friendly. but, when he's not working he usually comes up and talks to me. he has a smirk on his face when he talks to me sometimes. i dunno if he likes me or he just talks to me cuz he's bored at work.

also i have liked him since december. he called me in december to ask if i could pick up his shift (so i have his number) i was thinking of calling him and asking him out (so i could either get with it or get over it) do you think this would be a smart thing to do. i dont think he'll ask me out again cuz i said no already and probably hurt his feelings and im too shy to give him my number in person/ask him out.

Yeah, he's into you. Go for it.

Sorry but I have to respond to this...

"I usually don't ask guys out cause I figure if they like me enough, they'll ask me"

That's a horrible philosophy, you've said that you are a little intimidating. I've seen lots of intimidating girls that I liked very much but was pretty sure I'd get rejected by if I asked them out. YOU should try asking someone out.

but dont u think it would be weird and insane for me to call him when he never gave me his number and i only have it cause he called me 3 months ago to pick up his shift. plus i dont know what to say. i mean if he likes me he won't care how i got his number, but that crazy action (of randomly calling him) could change his opinion about me...

I think you're right - it might seem weird that you randomly have his number, if he only called you once, three months ago. He might think you were looking through the phone book or something hehe.

If he likes you, he probably won't mind how you got his number. He'll just be happy that you're calling. But...if you don't want to risk looking weird by calling him, I think you should ask him to come to lunch with you sometime at work...go somewhere semi-secluded (because it's harder when there are other people around that might hear you) and tell him that you've liked him for a while, is he still interested in you? ..or something along those lines.

Chances are, all will be well.

I don't think he'll ask you out again though, so I do think you'll have to make the move this time.

Good luck!

so i gave him my number today.

it was quite easy and fun. we work in a restaurant. he was hosting (sunday night) before leaving i went up to him and he's watching the oscars on one of the tvs. i put on my coat and say "i didnt think youd be watching this" "are you just watching it to see what they're wearing" haha. he smiles and says "no im not watching it to see what they're wearing, it's just them all in one place..." but i stop paying attention cause im focusing on what i have to do. he walks away to do something. then comes back and when he left i told myself "ok you're gonna do it now" i say "can i ask you something" "yea" he says and turns to me with his full attention. "would you wanna hang out sometime" i say cool & casual. he says "YEA" like really enthusiastic and pleased. (more like a hell yea) "what do you do when you're not working" he says. i say "i go to school." and im writing my number down. i hand it to him. and he's like "thanks Laura" like surprised and stuff. i was like "bye call me" i said this without looking at him and left. i thought it was pretty cool and i was very proud of myself.

when do you think he'll call me???

and aren't you all so proud.