Does anyone feel like this?

SophMd

So I dont know about you all , but is it normal to be somewhat fixated on looks? For example I think I am a very cool girl who is pretty...so why dont I have guys knocking down my door? I am really competitive and fiesty and I think that is a lot for someone to handle I guess. Is society fixated on looks? I just dont get it...why arent I getting any good guys who arent committment phobs? Oh well...I feel like I need to act a certain way or dress a certain way...and im not about that...a little feedback por favor

It all depends on the guy too. Some guys may look for something more in a girl than just her looks. Others just want a girl to get laid. I don't think you neccesarily have to dress a certain way, but just keeping being you and I'm sure some guy will become attracted. Good luck.

I have the same damn problem. I can't speak for you, but I look good, but I don't flirt or act interested in anybody. I recently realize that was (and still is kinda) holding me back. According to my ex, I was A LOT to handle but to be honest I think he kinda liked that. I found that I find the nicest guys (who seem mature and not like committment phobes) when I'm happy, in a good mood, and very open to them. This is actually rare, but its also rare that I'm happy, in a good mood and open to them.

The nicest guys that I can remember meeting came around when I was going home from a concert in the city by myself and I was obviously really happy b/c the concert was a lot of fun. He was really cute so I asked him a question about where the train was headed. Another guy I met when I was partying campus wiht my friend and I was really excited to be meeting new people. I met him earlier in the night and totally didn't recognize him, and he was offended that I didn't remember him...so I was supernice to make up for it (didn't want to piss anyone off at a new school). Turns out he liked me a lot and was looking for gf material-- i messed it up when i acted really mean and rude when i was blacked out drunk later that week.

People always say you meet people when you least expect it or when you aren't looking. Totally not true. Both times I was really open to meeting guys and I was really happy and in a good mood. I even *gulp* flirted-- which is rare for me.

Plus, it depends on what age you are. I'm twenty, and its not easy to find guys who are looking for committment in my age group. I think its just key to be open and nonjudgemental. Whenever I meet nice guys, I'm always enjoying myself BEFORE I meet them.

So I dont know about you all , but is it normal to be somewhat fixated on looks? For example I think I am a very cool girl who is pretty...so why dont I have guys knocking down my door? I am really competitive and fiesty and I think that is a lot for someone to handle I guess. Is society fixated on looks? I just dont get it...why arent I getting any good guys who arent committment phobs? Oh well...I feel like I need to act a certain way or dress a certain way...and im not about that...a little feedback por favor

I'm just wondering, do you ever make the first move?