our LDR certainly has that. Katie and I certainly have communication, trust, and commitment down. But shes been through so much before, its hard for her to truly believe we will be together. I know she wants to be, she just thinks that something will happen and it wont work out . Of course, Im not about to let that happen. Actually the first step to proving how serious I am is a flight up there for 3 days in August. She is an absolute bundle of pure joy

• 3 weeks later...

What I found out when I had a ldr, being a Dutch girl, with an American man, was that you need to make sure you're not living in a fantasy. Ldr's can last real long because you're keeping up the excitement, the new-thing..because even though you e-mail, call, chat, anything, with each other, and truly feel deep deep inside you know each other so well, in actuality you might not really!

You can only know for sure you match, and will match, if you've lived together or at least close, for longer periods of time, on a regular basis. Only if you know the raw truth of teeth brushing, stinky feet, burps, boring hours, fights, and still love him, and see these parts of the person on a regular basis, and still love him, you know you're not living an illusion of beautiful words.

If you need to know anything in particular, pm/e-mail me.