Explain this.

So I have had my best friend for 12 years... well last night I found out that they are role playing a female online, he is a male... this is completely uncalled for and very messed up. I made him leave shortly after I figured this out.

i just don't get it... so someone... please explain.

thanks,

-.ins

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but are you saying he was online pretending to be a girl? Was he pretending to be some girl and talking to you?

A lot of people pretend to be something they aren't online. You can be whoever you want to be and some take advantage of that. That's why you have to be careful when you want to meet someone, you don't always know that they are who they say they are.

That's beside the point though. I can't tell you why he was doing it. Maybe he was just looking for amusement? Maybe you could ask him.

Is it so weird he's playing as a girl online? It doen't mean anything bad I'm sure. You shouldn't take it that he is gay or anything. It's just for fun I'm sure.
23 year old males who act like a woman online really make me wonder what is going on in their brain.

And believe me I know about friends through thick and thin but sometimes stuff like this is just plain creepy.