I finally let the past go!

I have had a rough time during my life, I've been in Foster care, I've been abused, I've had all sorts of *** happened to me, but I'm letting it all go. It's not easy, no way am I saying that, but I am finally letting myself heal. Yes, the r@pe was only recent, I'm working with the police, my therapist and my boyfriend to make a path to go forward in life to stay alive and live a beautiful life, yes there will be hiccups, but it won't be like this forever, so I am not giving up !!

• Like 2

Very happy to hear you're embracing your healing, Roxiee. You can use this forum as a sounding board whenever you want to share some thoughts or ask a question.

Remember that whenever you fall on times when you're not feeling great, it doesn't mean that you're backsliding. It may mean that you're actually making more progress.

Nothing can take away the progress you make. Some things need to feel lousy before it can feel better. I like to think of washing a surface--we stir up stuff and make a mess before we can rinse it away.

Head high, and congrats on your wonderful choice!

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, catfeeder said:

Very happy to hear you're embracing your healing, Roxiee. You can use this forum as a sounding board whenever you want to share some thoughts or ask a question.

Remember that whenever you fall on times when you're not feeling great, it doesn't mean that you're backsliding. It may mean that you're actually making more progress.

Nothing can take away the progress you make. Some things need to feel lousy before it can feel better. I like to think of washing a surface--we stir up stuff and make a mess before we can rinse it away.

Head high, and congrats on your wonderful choice!

Thank you!! Hope you're well!