Gay or Bi men please reply. I need your opinion

I have a male friend who identifies himself as gay (not bi, not bi-curious). Before he said anything, I really believed that he was interested in me romantically, although i never ruled out the posibility that he were gay or bi. We have spent some time alone, been incredibly affectionate (how ever no kissing no sex) and there are just some things he says that confuse me. Im incredibly attracted to him, and I don't believe I am thinking wishfully, that there might be something there for him too. Is there any way to tactfully approach this subject? Is there any way to know if he is bi-curious, or just being sweet?

He asked me why I acted the way I did towards him, my reply was that I had a crush on him and that I found him a beautiful person. He seemed pretty pleased with that. Later I asked him the same, his reply was "About the same reason as yours". Which is incredibly vague, but I dont want to push it either.

He is kind of touchy-feely and even when my friend see him, they believe he is attracted to me.

Should I try to make some inititative? I can face rejection, but I would rather not do anything that might jeopardize our friendship, since he is a very beautiful human being that I would like to continue being friends with regardless of anything else.