How to be the best friend you can be?

I'm having problems lately being a good friend. Really, when i think about it.. I don't know HOW to be a great friend. What should I do, what should I say? This applies to being friends with GUYS only. I got the girl thing down and im pimpin... but i dont have that many guy friends... and i feel that im losing my best one because I'm not being that good of a friend.

Thanks.

yeah, it sounds as though u just arent spening enough time just chilling with your friend. Its not about compliments and stuff, most guys like to do 'guy' stuff, u knw wat im sayin? do stuff u like doin. like basketball? pool? video games? anything that u n ur friend could do together. like 'bonding' activities.

I know...its easier to be friends with girls than guys. I don't have too many friends who are guys. I think that a lot of guys are just too irresponsible, and for me I want friends who are responsible. LIke most of my guy friends aren't in school, they aren't working, and they just sit at home and watch tv and drink slurpees.....i would prefer to have more guy friends....its better to be friends with someone of the same sex....i try to be the best friend i can, but often i feel that I am being just used.....

i dont agree,

My best friends are mainly guys. I have two girl friends who i can tell anything and everything to. I have a lot of fum with them, shopping and doing things the guys would rather die than do. But i always know that if i just want to go sit and talk to someone without worrying about my outfit or who i am seen with where, one of the guys are always avaliable. We go to our local pub often. I live in England, i dont think you have country pubs like ours in America.

Sometimes we just watch tv. ive been know to cook for them Or occasionally ill give in and play some awful computer game with them I never have to lie through my teeth, "what a cute outfit" or tell them their not fat.

although girls are great for girly stuff (without beeing too cheezy) My relaxed easy relationship with the guys is so comfortable i wouldnt trade it for anything.

hope you get to know this guy better, boys who arent you boyfriend are so useful. And hell look out for you, the only boy apart from your daddy who wont be a jerk to you!!

xxxx

i always feel like im being used... and its driving me crazy, i agree with you on that part and i know how it feels. Ive known my friend for 10 months and me and my family went to orlando studios this past summer and took him with us ALL expenses paid, took him to the beach, and took him to the great smokey mountains, and skydiving... and he didnt pay a single penny of any of it. But if i ever need anything he wont do it... now i HATE a lot of things because I wish I never would have done any of this for him, I wasted my money and now I hurt. then today he said i'm a very sh*tt* friend. I havent even been to his house! do i have a good reason to feel bad and depressed? After all we've I've done for him and he acts the way he does? I mean, i get mad about every day but I guess you can see why....

I figured all of this out today- and in the process of tyring ot be the best friend to him that I could be, he steals all of my other friends. now everytime i run into one of my freidns in the hall they will talk to him, and completely ignore me.... thats why i posted in the suicide forum too... all it takes is one person to completely ruin your life...